I still don't have a camera, so I don't have any fun picture updates to give to you! Sorry!
Instead I'm having a slight vent session.
My little Preslee is being the worst bed-goer in the world lately. Seriously.
I don't know if this is normal 4 year old stuff, or if she is needing lots and lots of extra attention. But she has been fighting me for over an hour. OVER AN HOUR.
I feel like I have tried everything.
We have a consistant bedtime every night.
We have a bedtime routine.
I have tried laying by her. She fights.
I have tried tickling her back. She fights {after i leave the room of course}
I let her watch a movie. She fights.
I let her have a night-light. She fights.
I tried snacks right before bed. She fights.
Drink of water?! Nope. She fights.
I made her "Witch-Be-Gone" spray. Sprayed it tonight. Still fighting!
And yes, I resorted to swatting her butt tonight. Still fighting. (yes, I am a mom who still believes a child should get their butt swat once in a while...
She is now yelling "what are you going to do with me? MOM What are you going to say to me?"
I haven't answered her in at least 10 minutes and she just keeps saying it.
10:10 and she is fighting still. I tried to put her in bed at 8:45.
I am out of ideas. Got any?
((i don't know why the post time says 9:05 because it is 10:15pm right now....)
11 comments:
Awwww...what time did she finally fall asleep from exhaustion? Maybe she was acting like that because she was overly tired?
11:00!!! She finally fell asleep at 11:00 in the hallway on the floor because I ignored her or the last 30minutes.
HOLY COW. I've never seen such a tantrum!
You have tried giving her things to get her to go to bed and its not working- so start taking things away. Let her know the things she does have are rewards- like her night light, her blanket, bedtime stories, simple things and then start taking some away to show her she can't act like that. I don't know- just a thought. And do your best (i know i know its hard) to ignore and dont yell back to her. SUPERNANNY rocks for these situtations!
Bring her to grandma!
I have taken things away...
and I was *seconds* away from calling Mom... I just cried instead.
How pathetic. HAHA
High dose of Benadryl!! knocks my kids out! it does have a chance of working opposite on some kids, so winding them up, but its rare! give it a try! 1/2 teaspoon around 8pm.....
You can be like this super mom in Provo who called the cops on her 4 year old daughter because she couldn't get her to go to bed. We have turned Matt's doorknob around so we can lock him in if we need to. It works great for time outs too!
I don't have any advise because I have the same problems with Boston. Let me know if you find something that works.
Liz! My life coach told me that if they get out of bed to hold their hand, walk them back and not say anything to them while you put them in bed. Then say "i love you" and walk out. As many times as it takes. My little sister reminded me of this-and it did work when I tried it on Pres when she was 2. So I'll be trying it again!!
Kandice! If I close her door, she won't come out---but she kicks and hits the door! :S
We've been having this problem with Ryker this week. We tried even having him in our bed (him kicking and whining the whole time) and at 2 or 3 Brandon took him in his room, shut the door and brought me some ear plugs. We were exhausted. We have no Idea how long he cried, but he's been good the past 3 or 4 nights.
Em, you poor thing, that can be one of the most frustrating things having to fight kids at bedtime. Especially because you are so ready for your own quiet time without them. But I also was going to suggest just taking her back in if she comes out without saying anything and if she is just yelling to ignore her and she will eventually fall asleep, and eventually she will see that you aren't going to give in and say anything to her, so it's not worth the yelling and maybe she will go to sleep sooner and sooner. Does Cash go to sleep or does her yelling wake him up too? That makes it difficult if it wakes him up. Good luck really!
Post a Comment