So, this morning we were actually going to be ON TIME for daycare/work! It was going to be a belated Christmas Miracle. Just as we were heading out the door I got a call from Byron (my landlord) who proceeded to tell me we had 17 inches of fresh snow from last night and his 4-wheeler would not push it because it was so deep.
Great.
So, I put the kids up in the window seat and told them to watch Mommy... I got my boots and coat on, and headed out to shovel the steps first. Um.. it was TO MY KNEES on my steps. Gracious. Then I headed to the driveway as they switched windows so they could continue to watch. They sure loved it. I'm sure they did. Watching Mommy shovel her heart out all morning. 2 hours to be exact. And barely clearing a space big enough for my car to turn around on the driveway. The 4-wheeler finally did work to some degree, and with me, Tara and Kenya (Bryon's wife and granddaughter) tagging along behind him with shovels, we finally got a path wide enough for my car to get down the driveway. Success!
Here's to heated driveways!!
4 comments:
Sounds like you've had a few stressful days lately :) You poor thing, I bet you are sore tomorrow.
Reason #102 why I live in the south! Ha ha. It takes a million years just to get all that crap on just to go
outside! And a million more to take off!
Your driveway is super crazy too! I feel for you.
Holy crap did a snowman take a dump on you or what? Dont loose your kids!
Post a Comment