Monday, July 11, 2011

Memorial Day

There has been so much going on the past few months that I forgot to post about Memorial Day, too! Memorial Day this year was very nice! We had a BBQ that day and helped decorate headstones for a few loved ones. Ryan had 3 siblings pass away in very young childhood. Holly(2), Nicholas(5), and Heather(7). I can't imagine the heartbreak that his parents and family have gone through enduring such tragedy in losing 3 babies! They all spend a lot of time on Memorial Day decorating their headstones with lots and lots of flowers, yard ornaments, etc. and they turn out so nice! {They took down some of the things before I took this picture the next day, because 2 years ago someone stole everything off their headstones. Grr!}


We took some flowers and balloons to Jeremy's headstone, too! Jayne always puts the prettiest flower arrangement out for him on Memorial Day! (and obviously everyone knows that his favorite colors were purple and yellow:)) The kids refer to him as their Angel Daddy now, and it is nice to know there is an extra guardian angel there for all of us. I know that he is happy where he is and he's resting in peace knowing that we are all so well taken care of and happy here, too.



1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Oh I love all the flowers! What a special day!