Saturday, May 9, 2009

oh mama

So, it's Mother's Day in approximately 38 minutes and 32 seconds. Well, exactly.
And of course, as Mother's Day is coming, all of the Mommies out there are no doubt thinking (or dreaming, as I should be) about their Moms and the beautiful babies that lay, or used to lay, in their own arms. As am I.
There are many days when I think "if only I could drop everything and go out with the gals" or "it would be nice to not have to find a sitter just to drive around for 'free time' now" or "oh, it would be nice to sleep in for real"..... but really, I can't even completely remember how if felt before I had my beautiful babies here. The second Preslee was born, I was changed for life. And the same happened with the birth of Cash. Changed forever. It really is amazing how your heart and love just grows and grows. My kids continue to amaze me every day with the lessons they teach me. And I am so thankful for them. For their adventurous spirits that get me going. For the tender hearts that want us all to be happy. For the smiles I can see in their eyes. For the way they keep their Daddy's memories and spirit alive. For the way Cash cups my face in his hands and just looks in my eyes as if he wants to tell me SO much and how Preslee holds my hand until she falls asleep. For the way they can make me laugh, even when I am so mad about something. For Preslee's "wake up face" and Cash's Flinstone Feet. For the patience they have taught me, and the patience they have shown me. I could go on for days.

So as I am thinking of all the wonderful things my kids have taught me, have shown me and just HAVE, I also have hope that my kids look up to me like I have always looked up to my own Mom. I don't ever want to let them down-and my Mom never has. If my kids see me thru the same eyes that I see my Mom, then I feel like I'm doing well.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies in my life. You are all amazing, and yes, people have noticed ;). And for the little ones who call me Mommy; Thank you!! I love you forever and always, no matter what.



Here we are on Mother's Day

4 comments:

Janet said...

That was cute, I can tell you really love those kids, happy Mother's day

tiffany said...

Ok, I'm crying at work! Thanks!!! I love you~

R.Davis Photography said...

This was a beautiful post! Definitely tears in my eyes!

The Beagley's said...

How Beautiful! Thank you for this message:)