
We are 19 weeks today, but this post will finally have us all caught up from the last couple of months :) I won't let it get that behind again, I promise! I hate doing that, because then I don't journal as much as I should with the pictures. But...we're updated!
16wks: AVOCADO! Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat. She's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears. She's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows. And she's forming taste buds.
17wks: Baby continues to beef up. {S}He's the size of an ONION! Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces. Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone. And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat. She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.
18wks: Our baby is the size of a SWEET POTATO! She's about 5.6 inches and 6.7 ounces and keeps growing rapidly (which is why you probably feel so hungry) Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing? And she's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!
[[ This has been a great couple of weeks. I only gained 1 pound this month (14-18wks) which made me super happy!! I feel baby more and more every week and Ryan was even able to feel the baby kicking at 18 weeks! I'm so happy he can finally join in the fun :) Cash was lucky enough to feel baby kick one time, but Preslee doesn't seem to be around when baby is kicking! She'll get to feel soon enough, I'm sure. They are both thrilled to be having a new baby sibling. They're both now hoping for a girl (Cash was definitely on the BOY wagon until about a week ago. He changed his mind and joined in on cheering for a girl. He's just excited to be a BIG brother, I think!) We're working on baby names a lot, which we struggle with. Ryan generally likes very different names than I do. We have a few on a list, that we can both agree are okay, but neither of us are in love with the other's list of top names. *sigh* We have plenty of time to find a name, though. Just can't wait to see that little chubby baby face to help us decide! (Plus, knowing the gender will help. LOL!) We will have our ultrasound in 2 weeks, and cannot wait to see baby in there! Praying for good health and a strong baby in there, and we will be patient on waiting to know the gender for 22 more weeks!!! ]]
No comments:
Post a Comment