
I know I've slacked pretty badly about the blog, so here I go starting back up. And hopefully keeping it up.
Yesterday was 11.11 yet again. Year #2 has come and gone from the day that Jeremy chose to leave this world. It's such an interesting day, I guess I would say. It feels like it's been forever since we've heard his belly laugh, but it also seems just like yesterday. How can that be? I'm not sure, but it just is. The day is like any other, but it holds a very special feeling. As far as we have come from the day of his tragedy, that day still takes me back. I think when something like this happens to a person, it is imprinted in their soul forever. You never forget the feeling you got the instant you heard the news. And it seems to flood back on occassions like yesterday. This year, though, was better than last, as I assume each year will be for the rest of our lives. Jeremy left a hole in this world that no one else can fill, but we are at least comforted knowing he is still watching over us. If love from others could keep someone alive, he would have lived forever. He is a very loved and missed man, and I know he sees it from his peaceful place now.
The kids and I spent the day as many others... just together. :) We watched his funeral video-which the kids absolutely loved! They loved seeing all the pictures of Daddy and seeing the ones of him with them. It was pretty special. We took candles to his grave where Preslee almost lit herself on fire leaning over the candles!! Then went to eat at Jeremy's favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. We made a quick stop at the bonfire that his niece was having for him, and then ended the day with our normal routine. It was a pretty good day....
We miss him. I truly do feel like this world is missing something without him physically here, but I know we will see him again someday.
We miss you Jeremy! xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment