Tuesday, July 13, 2010

bathroom redo!!

This weekend I decided to redo my bathroom. It was sooo Run-Of-The-Mill, and now, I'm in love!!!
First, I painted all the walls white! Nice and fresh and bright!!
...I used a curtain rod in place of the towel rack to fancy it up a little...

The mirror needed a frame since it was just a mirror stuck to the wall, (contractor's special, anyone?!) so I made a "frame" by getting some molding cut, painting and glazing it. Applied it with liquid nails directly to the mirror and it's perfect!

The cabinets got a nice coat or two of black paint and some new hardware!

And last, but certainly not least, I created a stencil to apply a demask pattern to the wall. I started out with a 12 inch stencil and LOVED It, but it literally took 3 hours for me to do 3 rows. It was a pain in the butt! SO... in pure desperation and exhaustion, I decided to enlarge the image and do an assymetrical wall treatment. I had the local copy place laminate a poster and I cut the design out with an exacto knife. I AM IN LOVE with the result! Seriously, In Love!!



5 comments:

tbsomeday said...

wow em!
that's beautiful!!
you can come work on my house anytime :)

crissi said...

Great job, it looks gorgeous! When you coming to do mine?

The Morgans said...

I'm going to talk to Troy about hiring you. Interested???

Tiffany Robinson said...

Will you help me with my KITCHEN!!

.:emily:. said...

Tiff-I would totally help you! My kitchen is next on my list! :)