I know this is terribly late, but I can't skip over it. My baby girl, Preslee, is now 5! I can hardly believe that 5 years have passed from the time I had my first baby! [man, do I feel old] I know everyone says this, but its true, I can't remember life without her. I mean, I remember being able to run with friends at the drop of a dime, not worrying constantly and spending my money however I wanted.... but I can't ever remember having love like I know it now. And I would never go back to a life without it. She has brought so many things to my life that I am thankful for. My little princess Preslee has taught me more than I will ever teach her. One of the most important being that little lesson of 'having faith of a little child'. She is amazing. And I will always have a little extra sparkle in my eye because I have her.
Preslee was born on September 16, 2004 at 9:13am after 13 hours of long, hard labor over night! She decided, from that ripe old age of, well, prebirth, that she would enter the world on her own terms and decided to be born face-up! She was a chunky 8lbs 8oz and 21 inches long (with cone head... 25 mins later after it was gone, probably only 20inches. lol) I remember the first time I held her thinking "I want to see her tiny hands".... but, tiny they were not. She had fat fat hands with little dimpley knuckles! She had so much black hair that we couldn't even see her scalp! She was perfect in every way possible. It is truly amazing, how the very second I saw my baby for the first time, the moment the doctor held her up and said "It's a girl!" (*we didn't know!!*) my heart changed forever. I remember Jeremy saying that the first thing that went thru his mind was her growing up and him having to protect her forever... his baby girl. I remember him walking over to see her in the little bed, and asking the nurse "Can I touch her?" He just couldn't wait to get her in his arms, and when he did, he didn't want to let go. Literally, I had to tug her out of his arms so that I could hold her for the first time! It was the happiest day of his entire life, and mine too. We were both beaming with pride.
Preslee has been a joy every since. She is definitely a girl, and has her attitude, but she is such a sweet tender hearted girl and really wants everyone to be happy. She makes me laugh every day and helps me to stay young at heart. I am so blessed and thankful that I am able to raise such an amazing little girl! She knows Mommy is here for her no matter what, and knows Daddy is watching over us to make sure she is well taken care of. We're both here for her, from different places, but she knows she is loved endlessly by us. But it is really her that has taught what unconditional love really is.
I love you baby girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment