Well, Jeremy's headstone is now complete and it is set at the cemetery. It is beautiful, I am so glad it turned out so well and I think he would be proud of it. It represents him really well, and I am just so happy that we have a place to go. Our first visit there with the headstone up, Cash walked over and hugged the headstone. :) I think it will be really good for them to have a place where they can see him and remember him. It's important to me that his memory stay alive.
Sadly, after 8+ months of waiting for the headstone to be completed, and after it being installed and permenantly set, I noticed... it has a TYPO! Me and his brother are the only ones who had noticed it, but to me it sticks out like a sore thumb. :( We are working on getting it fixed right now-I suggested they grind out the entire saying and inlay a piece with the phrase again. It will just look like the sentence has its own border-and I think that would be beautiful as well. For many of you, 3 names on the back will be a surprise. Yes, there is a 3rd baby, and No she is not mine. Paisley was born 4 months after Jeremy passed away-and it's since been proven that Jer was her biological father. It is a very different feeling that I have about this and just another thing to try and explain to my kids... but we will get thru this too. And maybe some day my kids will be glad to have another piece of their Daddy here. For now, all they know is Daddy had another baby but still loves them endlessly. And for now, that's all they need to know.
His headstone being set has been just another emotional step in this journey. One that I am glad to have happened. It feels good to have it there for him, and for us. He is still thought about daily and missed tremendously; but it is finally starting to settle in that he is truly at peace and happy where he is now-and he can take care of us better from there. He already has proven that to me. ~11.11~
His headstone being set has been just another emotional step in this journey. One that I am glad to have happened. It feels good to have it there for him, and for us. He is still thought about daily and missed tremendously; but it is finally starting to settle in that he is truly at peace and happy where he is now-and he can take care of us better from there. He already has proven that to me. ~11.11~
2 comments:
You are so strong and so strong for your children. You are a good mom and I send my wishes of only the best to you and your little family.
I have allot of thoughts running through my head about the challenges you are facing. All I can say is wow! You are better than I can imagine myself being.
Post a Comment